The Puma family has a long track record of providing technically advanced and highly integrated solutions to the cable industry. Equipment manufacturers are able to select from the industry's most extensive portfolio of solutions to find the optimum solution with the most effective price/performance. Working closely with cable operators, large global equipment manufacturers, and the pertinent certification bodies worldwide, Intel ensures an easy and efficient evaluation process and the shortest time-to-market possible.
Full Compliance for Faster Time-to-Market
The Puma family of cable solutions has historically been among the first to fully comply with the various versions of the most important industry standards, such as CableLab's Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS*). The following are Intel's cable solutions that comply with the most recent generations of the DOCSIS standard.
DOCSIS* 3.0 Data, Voice, and Video Solutions
- Optimized for triple-play video, voice, and data applications, as well as next-generation IP services like IPTV.
- Helps designers break through certification to lead the market in innovation.
- Supported by a comprehensive ecosystem of third-party technology.
- TNETC4800: Full functionality for embedded multimedia terminal applications (EMTA), including high-quality voice services and battery backup functionality.
- NETC4810: Full functionality for EMTA applications, including high-quality voice (without battery backup capabilities).
- TNETC4830: High-speed, data-centric cable modem applications.
DOCSIS* 2.0 Voice and Data Gateway Modem Solutions: TNETC540
- Reference design providing quick time-to-market and low-risk certification for DOCSIS* 1.0/1.1/2.0 VoC applications.
- Achieves high-speed data transfers and supports a built-in bandwidth-acceleration software package, which provides enhanced data throughput
- Low pin-count interface to wireless local area networking (WLAN) and a battery backup unit
- Convenient and trustworthy VoC platform for integration of comprehensive, cost-effective, and differentiated VoC modems
- Fully compliant with DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet interface
DOCSIS* 2.0 Data Modem Solutions: TNETC4600/4802
Comprised of high-performance cable modem chips and chipsets, the Puma 3 family is targeted at data-centric applications. The family offers a range of peripheral interfaces on-chip for added functionality.