Intel® CoFluent™ Solutions
Executable Specifications, Use Cases
As embedded systems get more complex, designers need a way to specify them in an effective and non-ambiguous manner.
Intel® CoFluent™ Studio for Timed-Behavioral Modeling lets engineers create executable specifications of their system by modeling its functionality and use cases using simple yet powerful graphical notations. The strong semantics of notations allow simulation of the model. Algorithms can be left empty and abstracted by their sole execution time budgets, or defined with C/C++ or MATLAB/Simulink. Communications are based on real data defined in C/C++ or just represent "tokens" with timestamps and payload. Simulations are driven by use cases for validating the model behavior and time properties.
Intel® CoFluent™Studio users can archive models into single .cof files and send them to project stakeholders who view models and playback simulation with the free Intel® CoFluent™ Reader.
- Facilitating transition from idea/concept to design
- Creating realistic workload scenarios driving simulations
- Models enable experimentations and enhance innovation
- Simulations facilitates analysis and exchanges in teams
- Models provide supports for patents
- Increasing productivity
- Graphics allow to better express design intent and handle complexity
- Graphics are 10x more efficient than C/C++ programming
- Optimizing design
- Block decomposition, pipeline, buffers, timings
- Facilitating implementation & validation
- Providing executable specifications for implementation
- Reusing testbench for validation
- Reusing model for integration to system simulation
How to specify an embedded system and validate its specification?
Solution: Executable specifications, use cases modeling
Behavioral/functional modeling and verification. SystemC generation for reuse in verification environments